The trend towards natural alternatives is something that Protat intends not to ignore. As a leading brand it is important to embrace change in order to satisfy consumer needs. Protat Natural Aftercare Cream is the newest addition to the Protat range.
Epidermal Research has structured all of the Protat Aftercare Products around two key fundamental concepts – Protection and Moisturisation. These two important aspects ensure the health of the area and optimisation of the final result of the Tattoo.
Protat Natural Aftercare Cream promotes ultimate colour protection through increased hydration. Tattooed skin is extremely dry and in need of moisture. By using emollient rich naturally derived oils (Rosehip, Soybean oil/Hydrogentated Cottonseed oil with Polyglceryl-6 dioleate/Hydrogenated cotton seed oil) a barrier system is created. This adds to the lipid layer of the skin which aids in retaining moisture.
Historically Protat products contained Lanolin to achieve this function, which is extensively documented as being the closest material to the lubricating oil found naturally in the skin. Protat Natural After Care Cream is LANOLIN-FREE to suit consumers who chose not to use this type of product. It does however contain Polyglyceryl-6 dioleate/Hydrogenated Cotton Seed Oil which is described as being the natural alternative to Lanolin. This aligns the properties of the Natural Cream with the proven efficiency of Protat Premium Cream.
With the understanding that a thick or solid preparation may be uncomfortable to apply, it was important to incorporate a lubricating emollient for ease of application. Capric/caprylic triglyceride is a vegetable emollient which is commonly used for massage due to its unique spreading capacity. Easy spread ability provides a ‘melt in’ effect, minimising the need for excessive rubbing. However it is encouraged that Protat Natural Aftercare cream is lightly massaged into the area to stimulate circulation and improve skin health.
Nature provides an abundance of extracts and botanicals oils which deliver beneficial qualities to assist the skin. Epidermal Research has selected a powerful blend of botanical components to assist with the after care process and the ultimate appearance of the tattoo:
- Natural Vitamin E (tocopheryl acetate): Natural Vitamin E strengthens the skins barrier function, reduces water loss and protects the skins lipids (oils).
- Aloe Vera Extract (Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice Extract): an aqueous extract of the desert succulent plant Aloe Vera, noted for delivering intense moisturisaton through components including Vitamin C, polysaccharides and essential amino acids.
- Rosemary Extract Liquid (Rosmarinus officinalis): is a potent natural antioxidant able to provide protection for natural emollients, also noted for its free radical scavenging capabilities.
- Cajeput Oil (Melaleuca cajeputi): used in alternative treatments for its antimicrobial and painkilling properties.
- D-Panthenol: the biologically active form of Panthenol which provides deep penetrating moisturisation.
- Rosehip Oil (Rosa elganteria): is extract from the fruit of the Rose and is rich in Vitamin C, Lioleic acid, Vitamin A, Oleic acid, lycopene and beta carotene. Rosehip oil is a potent blend of essential fatty acids, vitamins and antioxidants.
- Bisabolol: derived from the Chamomile Plant, this nature identical component yields outstanding results in soothing and calming the skin.
- Allantoin: a constituent of the Aloe vera plant accredited with providing hydration and soothing.
- Glycerin: a naturally derived humectant or water binding agent which promotes a moist environment.
- Centipeda cunninghamii Extract: an Aboriginal Herbal extract used for centuries as a traditional treatment for irritated skin.
Important also in any formulation is integrity to ensure a suitable shelf life. Protat Natural after care cream uses the naturally based thickeners hydroxyl ethyl cellulose and xanthan gum to maintain the consistency. Potassium cetyl phosphate and cetearyl alcohol, all plant based ingredients, are used to provide emulsion stability.
Sourced from Nature and delivered in an easy to use pack, Protat Natural After Care Cream is the Natural choice.
NATURAL AFTERCARE CREAM
- Hygienically moisturises, soothes and protects pigmented skin
- No preservatives, pH balanced
- Available in 50g